Thursday 21 November 2013

A Telephone Survey on The Usage of Portable Headlights in Clinics and Hospitals in Malaysia



Assalammualaikum and a very Good Morning to all readers –

         Last week I was given a new assignment, which was to make a phone survey.  The survey was on behalf of University Malaya Medical Research Centre about the usage of portable headlight system. After I read all the details and information from Madam Hazel’s email and was also briefed about what I supposed to do, I started to search for information on Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic names, contact numbers and other details.

        After conducting a few searches, I got some ENT Clinic information and wrote them down in the log book given to me. I was also provided with a hand phone for making calls to the clinic. Before I started to make calls, first of all I did a rough script of phone call so that I wouldn’t forget what I needed to say for the next conversation.

       The first ENT Clinic I called was Paramesvaran ENT Clinic. My first experience was I felt very nervous; I couldn’t speak properly and forgot what I needed to ask the caller. In the beginning when I started to speak, I was very nervous and after I began the conversation I forgot what I needed to ask. I started to lose my concentration to speak. I was feeling down during the first few calls. However, after making several calls and obtained some information, I felt better. I didn’t obtain all the information like the address, fax number, name of the person I spoke to and etc, like I should have.


       This assignment is a new experience for me and it is priceless because before this I have never made phone calls in English. I take it as a positive experience, although sometimes I feel down and loose my motivation. It doesn’t matter to me now because I know that I am learning. The telephone survey assignment makes me realize that making mistakes is a part of the learning process. We learn best by making mistakes: TRY & ERROR! Humans by nature are NOT perfect. Nobody speaks a language perfectly and neither should they. Yes, now I believe that EXPERINCE is the best teacher. All I really need to do is always keep it up, be optimistic, passionate and keep a high level of motivation and most importantly always have Allah S.W.T in our remembrance.

1 comment: